Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Big Picture

If you are like most Christ followers, you want to please God with your life, which includes cultivating a serious relationship with Him and producing results (fruit). Like me, you can become lax in doing both without some guidance. We need a road map to show us how to get from point A to point B, so we do not go off course. One of the best ways of staying on track is to look at the big picture, develop goals and evaluate.

Big Picture

Each year I start out focusing on the big picture that God wants me to focus on for the year. The key here is what He wants me to focus onUnless the Lord builds the house we labor in vain. We do not want to labor long hours and find out it wasn’t helpful. We need to pursue what He wants us to accomplish, what He wants us to achieve. We seek His focus. Lets’ stop here, and examine what I just said because this is so powerful and I think most Christ followers have no clue and may I add one of the reasons why most Christ followers are discontent and empty inside. Imagine for a moment, the creator of all life, the creator of the planets, the creator of the universes gives you His highest approval on what you are doing. Ok hold that thought. Now picture the most magnificent Creator of everything, gives His full support, His power, His Son interceding on my behalf, His angels, a spiritual energy that is incomparable to none coming along side you. Wowwww! Unstoppable force! The Almighty’s backing! Believe me, I can camp here for awhile. This sooo excites me to no end. You have just become God’s point person to His glory by seeking His voluminous picture, a plan that will reap abundantly. Ok, I pray that God’s presence will show you right now what I’m trying to communicate in Jesus name.

Doesn’t it make huge sense that the most esteemed Father God in your entire life and life to come should be a top priority toward seeking His will, His love, His blessings? Scripture makes it extremely clear we have a responsibility to own up to, showing ourselves accountable to Him. Also, it says we will be rewarded for what we accomplished for Him and judged for what didn’t accomplish. Lets’ think about this for a moment. You are standing by yourself before the most awesome, magnificent, creator, the one who allowed His Son to die for you. The very presence of His glory makes your whole body trembling in fear and silence; He asks you in a loud, booming voice, “What have you accomplished in your life time to honor His Son, and honor Him?” Dahhhh. That ought to be a clue right there if He has to ask you. Believe me this will not be an opportune time to say, “Was this important? Nobody told me. I was busy raising my family and working. I did go to church and attended bible study. It’s my spouse’s fault.” Yowser! This screams, “Loser!” Not acceptable… We are saved by grace, not by works but this doesn’t mean we are given a free ticket toward not doing what’s expected of us. Ok, so I think I’ve explained the big picture clear enough. Lets’ move on toward how we can achieve the big picture by creating personal goals. Suspense!  Next article in the making. J

No comments: