Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Accountablility


Romans 14:12 “So then, each of us will give an account of himself before God.

Accountable: An obligation to someone toward informing past or future decisions, actions, to justify them, to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.

Each morning I find it so fascinating and soul satisfying meditating on His word. When I open the Bible or hit the Bible button on my phone, God always direct me to a particular subject and fills my mind to a whole new understanding. I call it the 1 on 1 adventure with my Father. These moments should be the most sought after but I can honestly say I fail immensely at spending enough time toward exploring with Him. I realize it all boils down to my accountability. If you highly value something you will spend your time and energy toward learning about it, speaking about it, enjoying it, cherishing the moments with it, dreaming about it, obeying it, loving it and accountable to it.  We are all held responsible for our actions. Ouch!
 If you are like me, you don’t think too much about accountability being a big deal. Christ died for us, we are going to make mistakes and He forgives us. He has granted us freedom from bondage. No worries. But the scripture also makes it clear that one of these days each one of us will have to explain, give a report to God for what we done, what we didn’t do, who we loved and didn’t love. In other words, I have to own up to what I done or didn’t do. Holy Moly!

So there are two thoughts that need more exploring.
  1. Valuing Him.
  2. Preparation for explaining ourselves before Him.

I will pick up on these two subjects in my next devotions. Meanwhile, think about these two things:

How does valuing someone come about?”
What does it mean to be accountable to someone?

Would love to hear your thoughts on any of the above, please post your comments.

No comments: